View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 12:46 PM   #25
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Obviously Kidd would be an even better player if he could provide more pressure offensively. But his ability to hit threes helps make up for that deficiency. Having a deficiency doesn't automatically make you a bad player. Every player has things he doesn't do well. Shawn Marion provides zero offensive pressure of any kind, but he's a big asset because of what he brings defensively. Kidd is no different.
This is a very fundamental concept that people seem to have a lot of difficulty understanding. I've said it several times, but once you move out of that very upper tier of players (and I'm talking Lebron, Kobe...that's about it), every single player in the NBA has at least one significant weakness. I don't understand why people complain about "so and so can't do X" when he does Y and Z really, really well.

The underlying assumption here, of course, is that a PG needs to be able to regularly penetrate and score to be effective, which is absolute nonsense.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 05-01-2010 at 12:49 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote