View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 09:05 PM   #26
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathouse Bear View Post
Thats the problem right there.

Every series Jason Kidd has played in a Mavs uniform this is what we have gotten from him.

Look at his results against New Orleans, San Antonio, Denver and San Antonio and they are beyond pathetic.

You Jason Kidd fans are acting like the San Antonio series was an anomaly when I knew 9 points 6 assists on 30% shooting was all we were gonna get from this guy.......because thats all he has done in the past.

Jason Kidd is the major problem on this team. We dont need a top 5 point guard, but we do need a point guard that can play good perimeter defense, and can score by creating his own shot.

The fact that so many people just ignore every single stat and still think Kidd is good for this team is mind blowing.

I knew this team wasnt going anywhere with Jason Kidd as our point guard and to keep it simple its because he cant score and he cant play defense.

You can survive if your PG is not a huge scorer, but he has to be a non-scorer while driving to the basket which exposes the defense for your other scorers. Granted, you have to finish enough that the defense respects your drive, but you can definitely dish more then score (i.e. see Kidd's games from 10 years ago). The fundamental problem was Kidd NEVER showed any drive to the basket in this series.

Nothing against Barea or Roddy B , but the reason they looked like they were playing at such a high level was that they were the only guards consistently driving and forcing the defenses' hand which allowed them to score or open it up for others.

You cant win in the Western Conference with Jason Kidd.
Two words: Derek Fisher

There, I just disproved everything you have said, can say, and will say about being unable to win with Kidd as your point guard.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote