View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 08:59 PM   #32
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGBEEF View Post
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that Roddy could've handled the spurs all by himself. He has more speed and endurance. Because if Dragic "The Dragon" can do this, I know Roddy B could. Dang Carlisle, why?
Which I think is why I lie on the side of the should-have-played Roddy crowd. The Mavs couldn't just have used Roddy....they needed him. If the rookie shows he can be the best player on the floor...you don't bench him. Not for Terry. No way. I've thought this in my head a million times, and I truly believe Carlisle would have saved the series by playing him. Why? Simple. The Mavs needed Roddy. Reggie Miller was calling him Baby Flash because he was playing like it.

I know that Carlisle would be the coach to go with Terry, and I'm not surprised by that. That doesn't change the fact that he needed Roddy. The franchise really depended on it. At some point you gotta drop the rookie card, especially when he made rookie history with his shooting numbers. Based on the way the rest of the team was playing...they needed him. It really is that simple for me. I won't harp on about it though...those are pretty much my final thoughts on the matter. Thank you and goodnight!

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote