View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 11:36 PM   #143
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
Ditto. That would be phenomenal. It would likely render the need for a go-to guy at the 2 as JKidd can slide over. Defensively, between CP3/JKidd/Matrix, we would be okay against most points and swings of the league. Offensively, CP3 would bring the penetration while JKidd would stretch out the defense (this is starting to sound perverse) and our passing would be lights the f out.

If you are NOH, wouldn't you atleast consider Damp/Butler/Robo for CP3/Okafur? Not sure you would even need to include Robo - maybe a couple #1s will get it done.. though we may need to send more salary out to match CP3/Okafur. That's cap savings of 50-60 million for the Hornets.

We'd be:
CP3/Robo
JKidd/JET
Matrix
Dirk
Okafur/Wood

Beastly. Add an athletic swingman for MLE and do battle!
This is exactly what I was thinking when I posed the question.

Paul/Okafor is a huge chunk of change, but we've been kicking around long-term/high-dollar commitments like Kaman/Diddy, Iggy/Brand and Agent Zero so CP3/Okafor should be tossed into the conversation.

Sliding Kidd over to "shooting guard" is what I had in mind as well (a three-guard lineup of Kidd/Barea/JET sucks, but CP3/Kidd/Roddy would be beastly - Carlisle's coaching fetishes would instantly flip from weaknesses to strengths...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote