View Single Post
Old 05-21-2001, 11:34 PM   #37
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

It's hard for me, I think Finley is borderline superstar though. Not quite there but, you can't put him in the same catergory as Shaq, Duncan, Webber and others. BUT, I don't think he's that far behind as some imply here. Will he get there next year? Who knows, why couldn't he improve on a catergory or two?

Madape, Im sorry but you can't judge whose a superstar by the all-star voting. That system is a joke and a popularity contest. Actually, Finley finished 10th, here's the order: Kobe Bryant, Jason Kidd, Jason Williams, Gary Payton, Derek Anderson, Steve Francis, Avery Johnson, Anfernee Hardaway, John Stockton and Michael Finley.

By your post, your saying that Jason Williams, Derek Anderson, Avery Johnson and Anfernee Hardaway are superstars but not Finley because he didn't get enough votes as them. Sorry, but that is wrong. Bryant and Kidd are superstars now, Stockton isn't so much now but is a future hallafamer so it doesn't matter. Is Payton a superstar? He didn't lead his team to the playoffs this year. Is Francis a superstar? I think he's in the same catergory as Dirk--future superstar. Francis puts up great numbers but hasn't taken his team to the playoffs or hasn't made the all-star team either. Isn't that the same gripe people had with Finley, he put up good numbers on a losing team (excluding this year)?

Dirk didn't even crack the top 10, not even the top 15 if I remember correctly. Does that make him less of a player--or future superstar--because he couldn't pull enough votes in? No.