View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 12:35 PM   #185
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi View Post
What if Utah really does decide it wants to keep Boozer--but doesn't want to pay luxury tax? we could swap them Damp + Carroll for Kirilenko + the #9 pick. Saves Utah a crapload of money, gets the Mavs a top 10 pick. Not sure there's anybody in the 9/10 range who is a real game changer at this point, but if we're unable to do anything else with the DUST chip, it's worth a shot, right?
I like your thinking. The goal is obviously win now, but i don't mind thinking about the future at the same time. This way we would have a nice young duo with Roddy and that lottery player. Obviously, you have to try and get Wade or Lebron first. But if that fails, i hope our FO doesn't do something stupid. For example a Roddy, Butler, Damp for Joe Johnson and bad contract, or something like that. Hopefully we won't pull the trigger on something like that. And i want no part of Boozer. He won't make us better.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote