View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 08:32 PM   #26
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoddyB#3 View Post
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=27xm4kp
(Used Jamison and Varejao to help display possible max contract amount for LeBron)

I'm not a big time optimist on the chances of LeBron coming here. However, I thought I'd take a shot at a possible scenario.

Mavs Send:
Caron Butler
Erick Dampier
Future 1st round pick
Cash

Mavs Get:
LeBron James

Cavs Send:
LeBron James
J.J.Hickson

Cavs Get:
Caron Butler
Andris Biedrins
Anthony Randolph
Future Mavs 1st round pick
Cash - from Mavs
(Perhaps we could throw in Calathes rights?)

GS Sends:
Andris Biedrins
Anthony Randolph

GS Gets:
Erick Dampier
J.J.Hickson

Why Mavs do it: For what we would be sending in this deal as apposed to receiving , we would be stupid not to.

Why Cavs do it: To be honest, they don't want to. However, if it becomes apparent that he is leaving. They would be better suited to try and work with him on a trade and preferably to the West. A solid SF in Caron, a center to replace the expiring Shaq and Z, and a young stud in Randolph who could have a bright future there. The pick and money are just sweeteners. I'd prefer to keep Calathes, but he could be something they like in a future PG prospect. The one thing I worry about is how they would view Andris and that long contract. I'm hoping that with his age, their need for a center, and all the other goodies they get in the deal. They will be more likely to accept taking him on. I know they like Hickson, but most people will tell you that Randolph's possible ceiling is higher than his.

Why GS does it: We already know that they want out of those bad contracts they have. They tried once to combine Randolph with Corey to move his contact, but couldn't get a deal that gave them the savings they wanted. Seeing as no one is really interested in taking on Maggette at his age, contract, and past complaints about him. Their best bet is to try and move Andris who has begun to fall out of favor with them. They will entertain talks on Ellis, but that would require more talent than cost savings. So they waive Damp and get huge cost savings, and if the deal worked out like I have it. They would still get back a young PF in Hickson.

This deal seems to work out for the parties involved. I doubt discussions will ever take place between the 3. Thought it would be interesting to show everyone a deal that could work and makes some sense.
This trade really only benefits the Mavs. Not realistic, in my opinion. Mavs give up crap for LeBron...basically. At least give up Roddy, too (Cavs). And another first round pick. Even then, I'm not so sure.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote