View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 08:40 AM   #43
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoddyB#3 View Post
Why give up Roddy if you don't have to? Anthony Randolph gives them a young prospect to work with. You absolutely can make GS give up most of the talent if you can help them get out of the bind their in. As I mentioned before, they already tried to combine Randolph with Maggette to get out of his contract. Teams were not willing to take on Corey's deal and send GS back expiring contracts. Now they are in the off season, and although expiring contracts would still be good. How about a contract that could get them out of one of those bad deals immediately. Damp is perfect for this situation.
Because the Cavs are going to want more than one young prospect. At least one from the Mavs, too. Especially if you have them taking back a long and big contract like Biedrins.

Quote:
You have to understand how bad they want out of one of those contracts. They were willing to deal one of their best young prospects away just to get out of Corey's deal! Now seeing as no one is running up to grab Maggette. You better believe they are willing to deal Biedrins who has fallen out of favor with them this year. Who cares what the Mavs personally are sending? It's all about what is Cleveland getting back! They are fortunate to be getting anything back seeing as LeBron could just walk. This deal is certainly now low balling them.
And with your deal, I don't see Cleveland getting all they want back. Another young prospect like Roddy (with everything else included), and then you have an alright deal.

Quote:
The Houston offer would be a good one, but there is one problem and his name is LeBron! Why would he go to Houston and play with Brooks and Ming? If he wants some kind of combo like that he would be better suited going to Chicago with Rose and Noah. Now this is according to your list:
Brooks and Yao >> Rose and Noah. Hell, the Rockets squad currently >> the Bulls squad currently. The Rockets squad even won more games (and that's playing in the toughest division of the toughest conference in the NBA). Why wouldn't LeBron like coming here?

Brooks/LeBron/Ariza or Battier/Scola/Yao with Budinger, Hill, Lowry, Hayes, and the lottery pick (#14 or Top 3 pick). That team can contend better than the Bulls' team. And you can't replace heart + hustle. As cliche as that sounds, the Rockets win many games off of that alone it seems. You have to look no further than the Lakers series last year or this season alone to realize that. You add a great talent like LeBron to that AND a potential top three lottery pick to that??

Quote:
I just can't see how that is not a good deal for Cleveland? They fill starting holes immediately, they get a future stud, 2 first rounders that could lead to future studs, a couple million of Cubans money in their pocket, and a project worth looking at in Calathes. Besides, Cleveland is not in complete control here any way. If Dallas was a team LeBron was willing to go to. Cleveland would be crazy to turn that down when Legron could just walk to a division rival like Chicago and they get NOTHING!
It's an alright deal for Cleveland, but Houston can offer a better one in just a straight up, sign and trade: Kevin Martin (around the same contract as Biedrins), Battier or Ariza (smaller contract than Biedrins), 2 NY First Round picks, rights to Sergio Llull (better than Calathes, in my opinion, and plays a lot like Manu). With the picks, the Rockets can completely destroy the offer the Mavs can give, as far as the picks go. You can give Cleveland two Mavs first rounderS? Both will most likely be at the tail end of the first round? The Rockets can give the Cavs two NY Knicks picks. One is Top 1 protected, and the other is Top 3 protected.

Cavs' management: "So, you're telling me that we can take two NY first round picks, and effectively screw them (Knicks) over for all of those years of LeBron talk to NY? AND keep LeBron away from a conference rival? Okay!" Hell, with the Rockets' lottery pick this year, they could get a top three pick this year, and trade that, Kevin Martin, and Battier to the Cavs for LeBron. You don't think the Cavs would like a chance at getting Evan Turner (from Ohio State)? Then, the Rockets would still have enough assets to try and get Bosh.

I really don't think there is any team in the NBA that can offer as much as the Rockets, without giving up half of their team.

Quote:
This one here just confirmed to me that you are not aware of GS situation. They wouldn't keep Damp as the plan is to waive him and save a lot of money getting out of Biedrins. If they have to send Randolph to help them save money. Why not send Hickson their way to make sure they don't feel like they gave away Randolph? Seeing as Cleveland is getting Randolph and already has Jamison and Varejao. It kinda makes Hickson expendable and I just can't see the Cavs making a fuss about sending him.
I just don't see the point of GS trading away Randolph and getting back Hickson. I have heard of Randolph having some problems in GS though.

And don't forget who the GM of the Houston Rockets is.........

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 05-16-2010 at 08:57 AM.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote