View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 10:42 AM   #47
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Morey is a really good GM but like i told way overrated by all that "God" "greatest" blabla.
Name a better GM in the NBA than Morey. Morey pulls off all types of deals and gets players like Aaron Brooks and Carl Landry late in the draft.

Quote:
Thats the classic Rockets talk. Unfortunately you should always rate a player about talent AND health. Talent is useless when it is sitting on the bench. The Martin trade was a no brainer, but again the Rockets add the biggest injury prone of the young guard talents in the league.
And like I said, we all thought McGrady could come back healthy. Basically, McGrady was bullshitting that summer and didn't work out. He came to camp fat and out of shape. If he had actually worked hard during the summer after surgery, he could have played the season. And Martin's injuries were mostly freak injuries and not recurring.

Quote:
Yaos workout video? So what? He hit the 30 this year. His injury problem wont get better. He is what he is, 300+ in a weak body frame. To think otherwise is just blind.
Yeah, Yao's workout video. It shows the progress he has made. He has lost a lot of weight, it seems. That means less pressure on his legs and feet. And what does hitting 30 have to do with it? Yao didn't even play last season, so he basically had a full season of rest/training. We have a few months until he's 30 anyway.

Quote:
And one of the best positioned teams for the future? Are you kidding me? With 30 year old Yao and Kevin Martin?? Hill didnt prove shit yet and before i celebrate the Knicks picks i would wait the summer.
No, with Brooks, Ariza (had his first triple double the last game of the season, after getting close all season long), Lowry, Budinger, Hill, and hell even Taylor. Hill has shown flashes. Just like Roddy has shown flashed for the Mavericks. Hill just needs to work on his jumper. He has great work ethic, and with the coaching staff the Rockets have, there is no doubt in my mind he'll get even better.

Edit: Oh, and about the NY picks, what do you mean we have to wait until summer? If the Rockets trade the NY picks for a Bosh or LeBron or Wade, that only makes the picks even MORE valuable (especially if it is used on Bosh or LeBron). Why? Because you are keeping the Knicks from players that they coveted, and are basically screwing them over. Besides, the Knicks are going to need more the one superstar to get that team out of the crapper. I'm confident to say, the Knicks will be a lottery team for the next two to three years.

Quote:
I would take the Memphis and Dallas roster right now over the Rockets. Hell, even the Kings and Clippers.
You would take Memphis over Houston? This may have been a "popular" thing to do when Memphis was actually playing well, but who ended up with the better record? The Rockets are better than Memphis. There is no doubt about that. As for the Mavs, they are old and the window is almost shut. What young prospects/players do the Mavs have besides Roddy? Yeah. You want to talk about Yao being 30, the entire starting lineup of the Mavs is at least 30, if not much older. If LeBron was on the Mavs, he would be the second youngest player on the team. If LeBron was on the Rockets, he would be in the middle of the pack and right at the team average pretty much (26).

And you pick the Kings and Clippers over the Rockets? Okay....

Quote:
Rockets fans should wake up about Yao, finally. He is great, awesome, but you just cant rely on him playing the amount of games in one season that you need to win a ring.
That's why Yao will most likely be limited to about 25 minutes a game this year. He'll might even take a few short road trips off. It's all about keeping him healthy for the playoffs.

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 05-16-2010 at 11:01 AM.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote