View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 08:44 PM   #124
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyBoy View Post
mistake? dude... are you following the mavs since more then 3 years?

anyway ... jefferson is a power forward - period.
what i've done is plain and simple: i compared a power forward out of position with another power forward out of postion... guess what - dirk is stated as a PF/C ... he even said before this season he would play some center again(they only had dampier at this point, who wasnt healty) like he did in his mid 20s with all the bradley/eschmeyer/diop-failures and where he needed to play the 5 instead of the guys above.
at that time, when dirk played the 5, he had similar stats like jefferson now(even better ones like i stated) and similar athletic... man i even see the same lowpost moves on them. BUT - both can _not_ defend if their lifes are at stake. i've watched enough minnesota games to underline this opinion, in fact: the wolves played BETTER with a real center on the court and jefferson on the bench or at the 4 (in nearly every game he was missed - they played better)... that are some heavy facts dude

and no: he would be no upgrade at anything we have. haywood is indeed a very good lowpost scorer - just watch how he did on his old team. but after all those years with lousy center there seems to be no room in any trainer-playbook for some lowpost plays with the mavericks - you think that would change with a blink of an eye with jefferson arrival?
lets stick with haywood and create some plays with him, remember: he came in the mid-season and had zero prepartion time with the mavs. keep in consideration that haywood is a 10/10 guy this season that actually can clear the paint and defend the hell outter all those bigman teams. even dwight howard gave haywood the credits to be a top center in the league. statswise, haywood is in the top10
i rather take brendan with 7 points less per game while beeing a defensive-stoper then a jefferson who only hits around 4X% compared to brendans 56% hitrate in the paint while jefferson got the ball as double as much as haywood. interesting or ?

seems you dont get the point. even if we sign brand with the #2 from the sixers. brand would never start... same with jefferson. both would come from the bench being the players who substitute for dirk at the 4 or haywood at the 5. by all means you have to keep sure that jefferson and dirk arent at the same time on the court. otherwise you have a defend-wise disaster in the low post zone. its enough that we have a dirk who cant defend and a kidd who cant defend quick guards. we need at least _someone_ who can to it: keeping the big mans out of the zone(worked pretty well) and stopping the quick guards on their way driving to the paint. we cant give haywood enough credit for how well he has done fixing the liability of those two spots alone.

conclusion? as long as we have haywood:
no to jefferson as a starting center.
yes to jefferson from the bench

dont get me wrong jefferson IS a beast. but i doubt he'll fit in the mavs-system. if we lose haywood somehow, we have to rethink the jefferson idea

i hope that comment wasnt to harsh overall... i just want to make clear that we have one of the rare-centers out there that truly can be named as one. not all those Power forwards pretending to be a center.
i desperately hope we resign haywood since we dont land a good center that often (above i named all the failures). we all know he isnt a bogut, oden(healthy) or a howard. but hes close to them - we wont find a better one out there while searching for mr. superstar too

Nope. Just none of it makes sense. It's not only inaccurate but it's also just flat out hard to read.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote