View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 11:36 PM   #145
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Well first of all, if you trade for Jefferson then I seriously doubt Haywood is re-signing here. But even if he you somehow end up with both, I don't understand how Haywood being behind him negates his subpar defensive capabilities. It's not like you only need offense sometimes and defense others. The vast majority of the time that Dirk spends on the floor he MUST be next to a center that can not only defend his man, but defend the rim.

I'm just not nearly caught up in the need for a post player as some people have been for years around here. Dirk is already an efficient scoring big man. It doesn't really matter HOW he scores, it's that he does it efficiently. So you already have a player that is dependent on his guards to get him the ball that scores at a high rate and at a great efficiency.

What you need, more than anything else, is someone that can bring the ball up the court and create offense without having to depend on anything else. You need an all star level all around player at the swing position that can penetrate and create offense.

Now, if you want to bring in someone to be a part of the forward/center rotation that can score down low (like Drew Gooden) I'm not completely against that. But it can't be someone that you're depending on to play center on a regular basis. And I really don't think that is subjective. It's been proven. All you need to look at is what happened to this team defensively when Damp got hurt and Gooden had to play center for the majority of games.

Well being fair, Gooden is not the player Jefferson is so that isn't really proving much in this case. If Jefferson were in Goodens place, you would have had a more efficient scorer with more ability who also makes better decisions and can draw a double team. Huge difference

"The vast majority of the time that Dirk spends on the floor he MUST be next to a center that can not only defend his man, but defend the rim."

Because Dirk can't keep his player from getting to the rim?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote