View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 03:23 PM   #159
wilmtalk

wilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
It's not the lack of low post scoring that's crippled the Mavs in the past. It's the lack of dribble penetration. That's the reason JJB gets so much burn. Isn't that sad?
Actually it is the combination of both although if I had my choice I would prefer to have a dribble penetrator to a good low post scorer since a dribble penetrator can create low post scoring from sub par posts. We really need a point who has the ability to do so not a three. We do over play JJB because Kidd lacks that skill. The most effective offense is run when the playmaker or player that has the ball in his hands the most is someone who has the ability to create his own shots. This is why the offense runs more efficiantly when the ball goes to Dirk first and he passes off the double teams.

Sorry J. Kidd lovers but when he is not hitting his out side set shots and the rest of the jumpshooters are bricking our offense is becomes entirely dependant on Dirk. When Roddy did play in the playoffs everyone saw the difference it made for the offense.

All in all it would be good to have a team that doesn't have so many glaring weakness as the Mavs do at present. So we do need to get a good defensive post player to play with Haywood providing we resign him. I have serious questions about Jefferson. He is not a good low post defender as evidenced by the Wolves continuing search for a center.
wilmtalk is offline   Reply With Quote