View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 07:06 PM   #412
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Hedo is a strong Horry-type player. He may be a nice topper piece but he's not a guy you are going to pursue if you are that far from a championship team and he's definitely got a lot working against him as far as salary and position are concerned. He earns too much and plays the same positions that Dirk, Marion and Butler all play (3/4)
I actually wouldn't have any problem pairing Hedo up with Dirk. If you're looking for someone to carry the scoring load when Dirk's resting Caron's probably the better choice, but as one of the few guys in the league who can boast legitimate point forward skills and instincts Hedo might provide a better overall fit playing next to Dirk (and Kidd and Marion, for that matter).

Not that I'd swap Caron straight up for him, mind you. Their respective trade values aren't close to comparable thanks to the deal Dallas helped Hedo get last summer. And I agree completely that as long as both Caron and Marion are here there's simply no room for another 3/4 in the rotation.