View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 09:12 PM   #161
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan4lyfe201 View Post
johnson is alot like iggy and would work but iggy provides more slashing..which is what we need badly.
Why not both??

I already posted this in the offseason thread, but I'll put it here since it's pertinent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
I wonder what it would take to get Iggy. If we could get him without giving up Roddy, I'd call that a home run. Throw in Dalembert and it's a grand slam.

If neither Lebron nor Wade wind up in Dallas (and I don't think they will), my ideal Plan B would be to Iggy and JJ for any combination of Damp&Butler + filler.

JKidd
JJ
Iggy
Dirk
Haywood

That starting five isn't necessarily overwhelming, but I think it would certainly be good enough to be a legit contender, especially with Roddy as our sixth man.
The more I think about it, the more I absolutely love this idea. Basketball-wise, that lineup is absolutely solid, inside and out and on both ends of the floor. I would put that team up against the Lakers any day.

Thinking about it a little more, the real long shot is landing either of these guys, Iggy in particular, without giving up Roddy. Butler for Iggy straight up works salary wise, and Butler's contract is up next year, so the Sixers would save a ton of money. Philly is over the cap, but I'm just not sure how desperate they are to shed salary. Without Roddy, they would probably demand that we take back another of their bad contracts, namely Brand, and I'm not sure we could even make that work salary-wise (although basketball-wise, it could work nicely)

That, and of course we would still have to convince JJ to come here and work a S&T with Atlanta. Who the hell knows how likely that is.

So yeah, it's a long shot, but certainly no more so than landing Lebron friggin James.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 05-31-2010 at 09:51 PM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote