View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 07:38 PM   #167
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
To get rid of the Brand contract.

Maybe????

They are basically trading Iggy for Butler and JET - then moving Brand and the cost is the #2 pick.

Although if I was Philly, I wouldn't. If I did then Dallas would be kicking in Damp, etc so I could clear massive $$$$$, and it would be a much larger deal.

<edit>

When I say larger deal I mean something like:
Brand, Iggy, Dalembert, #2 for Damp, Butler, JET, Stevenson, JJB.

Philly basically kills all the long term and BIG contracts, but aren't killed by no talent. They get their current youngsters like Holliday and Young lots of burn, but still have vets on short terms. They get killed by BIGS, but they are getting killed by BIGS now- and these have large contracts.

Dallas gets a shot NOW.
Kidd, Iggy, Marion, Dirk, Dalembert/ (resigned Haywood or Damp)
Roddy, #2 pick, Brand off the bench. 9 deep, and really only looking for a zone buster with the MLE.

Kidd is brains, leader, and spot up guy.
Iggy is slasher and Robin
Marion is clean up (trash guy - picks, alley oops, some low post stuff)
Dirk is Batman
Dalembert is middle defense and clean the glass (janitor).

Roddy is the penetrating PG.
Brand is the post (high and low) guy - especially when Dirk is off the floor - forcing post defense.
Haywood/Damp - both are 6 fouls and keep teams honest in the paint.
#2 pick which would most likely be Evan Turner - #1 swingman off the bench. Said to have excellent vision and handles - and a terrific crossover. Very long wingspan.
I don't like this deal. Frankly I don't think that lineup would compete for the title. I still haven't given up on the idea of landing one of the major free agents, and so I don't want to throw in the DUST chip just to get the #2 pick, unless we absolutely know we're getting a future star (admittedly, I don't know anything about Evan Turner.)

For me, this would be more like plan C or D. As I said earlier, plan B for me essentially is JJ for DUST, and Iggy for Butler.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote