View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 07:21 AM   #485
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
I read 2013, so 3 years Newark.
They're "hoping" for 2012, with 2013 a realistic possibility.

The arena in Newark is only two years old, and it is supposedly awesome (haven't been yet). Plus, it's pretty darn easy to get to from NY (ok, not as easy as the Garden, but what is).

I just think the Nets have a better plan for rebuilding--develop young talent, create cap space and use it wisely, and accumulate draft picks. The Knicks, on the other hand--give away draft picks to create cap space, blow it all on two players--with the hopes that those two players are who they want them to be.

Let's say you are LeBron, and you really care about championships. Do you choose the Knicks--where you can probably choose your own sidekick, but then you and, let's say Bosh for argument's sake, are playing alongside Wilson Chander, Eddy Curry, and Danilo Gallinari, with no draft picks for the next three years to get anyone else--or, do you choose to play with Devin Harris, whoever the #3 pick is this year, Brook Lopez, a bunch of young wings, #27, #31, and probably one more (non-max-level) free agent this year, plus have several first rounders the next few seasons to build with or use in trades? It's clear where the upside is. I still think the Knicks are gonna get spurned by the top few guys, and end up maxing out Joe Johnson and Carlos Boozer...and thus remaining mediocre for the next five years or more.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote