View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 10:17 PM   #12
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
i understand your point but mine didn't pertain to the Big XII only. it's just strange to me. maybe "accountability" is a better word than loyalty. i mean these teams are in a conference together. they all quite literally share in one another's success' and failures. the AD's and Presidents all know one another. so it's weird that teams can just say "see ya!" with no repercussions leaving the other universities and former "partners" scrambling to adjust.
You're right about the teams sharing in success and failure to some extent. But it's not like the exiting teams can just up and leave immediately. They have to live out the contract through the 2011-2012, at which point their "accountability" to the other teams is over. I think that satisfies what you're talking about--they shouldn't be expected to commit to longer than the contract specifies.

The only way they can leave earlier is with a supermajority vote of 9/12 current teams, which would mean that the vast majority of the conference supports disbanding immediately. At that point, accountability is obviously a nonissue.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote