View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 11:08 AM   #15
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
I'm not saying Dallas should fail to make a trade into the first round if they're getting good enough value in the trade (quite the opposite since I went to the trouble of listing reasons why a trade up into the first round could be beneficial) . I'm just saying that they've got incentive to be choosy when it comes to teams like Miami and Chicago, and that teams like Miami and Chicago have incentive to not help Dallas build a stronger foundation for luring and securing FAs via S&T when there are other options for creating cap room. Further taking into consideration BG's point that there are likely to be other available picks (not to mention other teams looking to trade up), the perspective that the odds in favor of a Dallas/Chicago or Dallas/Miami draft-day swap are somewhat lessened seems pretty unspectacular to me.
The angle I'm not entirely sure of is whether we are in the minority with teams that actually wanna move up. How many teams are willing to take on salary with the incoming player AND the draft pick's salary? I know the rookie's salary isn't massive right away, but if you're in LT-mode it's going to be a hit.