View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 11:32 PM   #9
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

You know, the more I think about it the more I warm up to the idea of Jefferson.

I know his defense may not be that great, but when healthy his low post offense is amazing and the thought of fielding the best offensive front court in the league with Jefferson / Dirk is tempting. Let's face it, Dirk has never had a guy like that to take the pressure off of him and create space. Not to mention he's only just turned 26 and is signed through the 12-13 season so we could have a nice foundation in Roddy / Jefferson to keep the Mavs going even once Dirk begins to decline in a couple years.

Minny seems almost desperate to move him for some cap relief (could be because Rudy Gay is about to demand a large contract). Dampier offers instant expiring so we probably wouldn't have to include any picks like what they wanted from Memphis.

We would still have some nice pieces to move around in potential trading scenarios as well with the expirings of Butler, Stevenson, Najera and JJB. Follow this up with a deal centered around Butler and Iggy (27 years old), and we all of a sudden have a nice young talented nucleus.

Jeff / Haywood
Dirk / Jefferson
Marion / Najera
Iggy / Terry
Kidd / Roddy / JJB

Then use the MLE to go out and get another SG or SF to build additional depth and you start to have a nice looking young roster. If the Roddy / Iggy / Marion perimeter defense did what they have the potential to do then that would go a long way to helping Jefferson / Dirk on defense and you still have Haywood for those times of need.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki

Last edited by Dirkenstien; 06-23-2010 at 11:46 PM.
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote