View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 12:08 AM   #10
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

The idea of a low post scorer always sounds great, but it only really works to facilitate a successful offense if the scorer in question is efficient (Jefferson is unremarkable, and even a bit substandard relative to his low-post peers in that respect), and capable of making teams pay for doubling him with good passing (same story). To his credit, he takes care of the ball as well as or better than any other low post threat in the league, and that means his overall offensive impact is probably better than what his ts% and assists/game stats show by themselves, but in my mind it's far from a foregone conclusion that he'd make as big a difference in the Dallas offense as some people seem to think he would.

When all is said and done, if Dallas' loftiest plans for their trade assets don't pan out and Jefferson can be had for little more than cap relief I think the Mavs would have to pull the trigger, but I can't imagine that's at the top of their list.

Edit: Just to add one caveat, if you think having Jefferson on the roster in place of Damp at the start of the free agent period gives you your very best chance at luring LeBron/Wade to Dallas, and if you feel confident that a S&T package centered around Butler will be sufficient to get Cleveland/Miami to deal, then you pull the trigger and go to sleep smiling.

Last edited by grndmstr_c; 06-24-2010 at 12:19 AM.
grndmstr_c is offline   Reply With Quote