View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 07:29 AM   #12
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
The idea of a low post scorer always sounds great, but it only really works to facilitate a successful offense if the scorer in question is efficient (Jefferson is unremarkable, and even a bit substandard relative to his low-post peers in that respect), and capable of making teams pay for doubling him with good passing (same story). To his credit, he takes care of the ball as well as or better than any other low post threat in the league, and that means his overall offensive impact is probably better than what his ts% and assists/game stats show by themselves, but in my mind it's far from a foregone conclusion that he'd make as big a difference in the Dallas offense as some people seem to think he would.
People pining over "post scoring" without taking into account efficiency is quite possibly my biggest pet peeve when it comes to discussion on this board. It's so tiresome to hear people continually talk about post scoring as if scoring from within eight feet is some sort of magic elixir and no other considerations should be made.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote