View Single Post
Old 12-31-2002, 10:43 AM   #15
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Re: fatigue..

I think it very likely was a factor last night, particularly for Dirk. I noticed that he'd played 36 minutes after three quarters, so by the 4th he was bound to have a low tank. This is not really an excuse--they have to be smarter about getting him some rest, but obviously Nellie doesn't have enough confidence in LaF to pair him with SB while Dirk catches his breath.

As much as I've ragged on LaF, I have to say that I hate to see that it's come to this with him. I had doubts about the trade at the time, wheteher it was any more than a lateral move at best in terms of skill. But I think if no trade had occurred, the Mavericks would've had about the same result in the playoffs last year, and would be in a better position this year to shop for an impact FA.

LaFrentz is looking more and more like Billy Owens, but Cuban can hardly foist total responsbility for LaF off on Nellie.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote