View Single Post
Old 12-31-2002, 11:02 AM   #16
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Glorious post, someone rational.

<<
about Nellie:
Why should he mention he should have gotten the ball to Dirk all the time? Now that would have been a really stupid comment for a coach of a team, especially if you take into consideration that we easily win this one if some of the other shots drop.
>>

Not to mention that dirk took about 33 shots last night. That ISN'T this team. If dirk starts taking 33 shots per night this team will not reach it's potential. I also agree, dirk looked pretty gassed out there late, chunking 33 shots up there will do it to ya'. I think dirk is uber by the way.

<< about Raef:
Tone has changed. Might not be for the better, but might aswell lead to something. We cannot afford playing with a 7-8 guy rotation all the regular, that´s definately hurting our team (and that´s the fatigue part).
>>

I'm not sure it's for the better either. I would rather see nellie being able to work this out behind closed doors and not go whining to the media about it. I would think a personal sit down with raef would be a heck of a lot more productive then calling him a bust to a bunch of jackal reporters.

<<
about Nash:
Once again - those night happen. It´s a subpar performance, I´d really LOVE to see some guys going off on Dirk on one of his subpar nights, grew up!
>>

The nash stinks comments are unbelievable and probably from the 16 year old crowd.

<< about Raja:
He was great - just like Griffin is some nights, but well, are those two not the keys for giving away as many threes? Isn´t it their job (with Finley) to protect some of the passing lanes in the zone?
>>

I like raja fine, finley's defense looked pretty poor to me, but yea. Sometimes I think they get real used to bradley/raef(when playing) to challenge everything and just get lazy on the perimeter. I'll say it again, our perimeter defense is what beat us in sacto.

<< about our defense:
Now that´s where we really lost the game. We couldn´t stop them. We played zone vs. a great shooting team, and got killed. Happens. Either you execute your defense with more effort, or you collect those losses without blaming anyone for it.
>>

Agree completely. We scored over 100 so what's the point. Nash even said it tonight, they again tried to just outscore them (let's get it to dirk more and everything will be fine) and not play them defensively. I would have liked to have seen nellie take THAT to task instead of having this cancer run through the team.

<<
about Walking our Offense:
We cannot slow it down. We cannot play a halfcourt set. Either we practice it and take some losses (and SHUT UP complaining) or we don´t and simply DON´T play halfcourt sets (and likely take the early exit in playoffs). Take your choice.
>>

I actually think we can play a halfcourt set when we have to. BUT we have to have shooters outside able to hit a kickout. We don't have someone inside who is going to just put us on their back, but someone(finley) should take a couple of steps in to make a shot.

<< About Behaviour:
Not just Basketball is about chemistry ... leading a franchise is aswell. It is plain useless to create an atmosphere of smelly comments and bad behaviour around a club since it will easily sneak into the heads of not only other fans, but media, press, the players, and therefore endanger the lockerroom chemistry. That´s how some soccer clubs over here in Europe lose their champiosnships, so you better not let some losses, that will occur one way or another, get into your head.
>>

Again bravo, tearing apart the currently best team in basketball is insane. Constructively criticise yea, but go off like a nut.... But then again I am chatting on a message board aren't I. Great post.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote