View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 05:11 AM   #185
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo View Post
I loved them both... but thought the first one was better overall.

I thought for sure they would come up with some device to have Fry chase Leela again... and that seemed to be the case but I was wrong.

But Leela and Zapp? gross.... although his shameful crying when explaining the how when busted was hilarious.

I was wondering if Bender was just going to have to dance/party all season.... that was funny.
It's funny you say that, because I actually felt the exact opposite. I couldn't stand the first episode, but thought the second was okay.

One of the problems I think both episodes had was sort of the same problem the movies had. It seems like the writers were trying too hard to make "big" stories- like end of the world, bringing people back from the dead stories. I think they felt like they had to come out with a bang and make everything as outrageous and over-the-top as they could. Hopefully as the show progresses the stories will get a little more laid-back and focus more on the characters just being themselves instead of trying to cram in bizarre plot devices and strained sexual jokes. (Seriously, Bender was barely in either episode, and although Fry and Leela are apparently a couple now, the two of them hardly had a single scene together.)

Either way, I'm ecstatic that the show is back, and there were enough laugh-out-loud moments to keep me optimistic about the episodes being better than the movies (Farnsworth's Chamber of Understanding made me laugh harder than I've laughed in a very long time.)
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote