View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 05:20 PM   #36
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
So they conclude that Feldman's not as good as his results last year, and not as bad as this year.

Basically he's an average starter, a 4-5 guy.

I'm down with that. Heck I said that last year and basically got called stupid for the opinion.
I wouldnt read too much into that.

Murphy, Pitchers can control their K rate, BB rate ground ball rate and to a lesser extent ld rate. Thats it. He has basically the same numbers in all of those stats as last year. I agree with you that advanced defensive stats are overused by advanced stat guys but pitching and hitting advanced stats are pretty useful. Feldman is a number 4. When he gets lucky, he will have numbers that look like a 2(last year), when he doesnt, he will have numbers that look like a long man(this year). Hes really in the middle.

Also omar beltre is starting wednesday. He'll immediately have the best stuff of any of our starters outside of CJ and Colby but this has got to mean that colby is at least a little hurt.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote