View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 01:48 AM   #939
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Set aside the questions about Jefferson's defense, and all the positive things that can be said about Gortat's defense, rebounding and activity level, and you still have to consider the price tag of each player when you're considering who'd help more (as Dirkenstien also noted). If Gortat only requires you to give up JJB and Jefferson requires you to give up Butler (even indirectly, for example, by forcing you to use Butler to get JJ so that you can use Damp to get Jefferson), is he still the better get? Because I think it goes without saying that their respective trade values are likely to differ considerably.
I understand your point, but the problem with what you are saying is we aren't going to hold more than 2 centers that deserve playing time, and I just don't see a Gortat/ Haywood center combo getting us over the top, Gortat is a big risk, the only thing that is his clear is he can rebound and he might be a foul liability (averaged just over 6 per 48 minutes this past year), but he is still a raw player and a guy that is clearly a below average offensive center and a guy that doesn't compliment Haywood as they are similar. I don't mind Gortat being here as the backup center, but we better not be starting Haywood unless we have a guy like Wade or James on the wing
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote