View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 01:55 PM   #964
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien View Post
Wow, so the head hancho himself would be going to recruit Johnson. Tying up commitments with Dirk, Haywood and Johnson prior to the Lebron pitch would be huge. It all depends on what we have to give up for him in a S&T, though. They key is to preserve enough assets to make it worthwhile for Cleveland.

If it took Dust and Dojo to get Johnson we would have Butler, Roddy, two future 1st picks and cash to throw at Cleveland. Hopefully that would be enough... it sure has heck beats their alternatives.
I don't expect things to get wrapped up quickly with JJ, even if Dallas is his first choice. And beyond that, if Dallas does in fact find themselves in a position to bring in both JJ and Lebron, I'd be willing to bet that the negotiations on the deals will be intertwined. It won't be an, 'Everything's squared away on JJ, now we can get Lebron' thing, but instead will be more along the lines of, 'we've determined that we're at the top of both LeBron and JJ's lists and we've got discussion under way with both Atl and Cle (and possibly other teams as well) to try to meet their expectations for a S&T'.

I'm not going to get greedy, though. JJ for Damp plus a combination of picks/cash/DoJo would ring my bell big time. Just ensure that you've also got the center position squared away with two legit big men and you've got yourself a formidable contender.