View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 01:58 PM   #966
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
I don't expect things to get wrapped up quickly with JJ, even if Dallas is his first choice. And beyond that, if Dallas does in fact find themselves in a position to bring in both JJ and Lebron, I'd be willing to bet that the negotiations on the deals will be intertwined. It won't be an, 'Everything's squared away on JJ, now we can get Lebron' thing, but instead will be more along the lines of, 'we've determined that we're at the top of both LeBron and JJ's lists and we've got discussion under way with both Atl and Cle (and possibly other teams as well) to try to meet their expectations for a S&T'.

I'm not going to get greedy, though. JJ for Damp plus a combination of picks/cash/DoJo would ring my bell big time. Just ensure that you've also got the center position squared away with two legit big men and you've got yourself a formidable contender.
It appears Haywood's status is looking better...and maybe the market DOES die down (Chandler is not opting out) and teams might be bracing for missing out on stars and reserve their money for next year's crop. So guys might not be getting awesome value like they had hoped, giving our MLE even more potency.

FYI, Larry Coon is having a live chat on hoopshype in the next few minutes.