View Single Post
Old 12-31-2002, 06:09 PM   #31
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

<<
Driving home from the Center last night, it occured to me that a team that has lost 6 games in three years when leading after three, when two of those have come in the last month, means that the team is currently going through growing pains. We're seeing growing pains here. Bench injuries for Walt and Eddie, Raef digging himself a hole, Bradley rising up, and mental growing pains for the Big Three + Nick. A team going through some growing pains results in 25-5??? That means this team is on the way to being scary good when the injuries and growing pains pass. In March, in April, or next year at the worst. Barring catastrophe, of course.
>>

<<
Rhylan...I couldn't agree more. &quot;Growing pains&quot; is a great description of what's happening as the team matures and redefines itself into a playoff scary team. Being a great regular season team is one thing...being a great playoff team is another...and I think that we're on the way...some of these losses are just bumps in the road.
>>

Hmmm... Growing pains. I wonder if THIS is what we are seeing with the switch from a team that is trying to win with all-offense all-of-the-time and a team that also expects our defense to step up. Last night for example steve even said they tried to outscore them at the end. Last year that would have been normal, they were good at it. But this year they are trying to learn to close out games with some defense as well?? Hmmm... maybe they haven't gotten it down yet. I expected we would HAVE to lose some games trying to focus on defense instead of offense and not playing the big 3 so much, maybe these are the ones that we are losing BUT STILLL playing the big three a lot. They need to learn as well..

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote