View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 10:13 AM   #11
NewMexiMav

NewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayC View Post
The Mavericks have shot those reports down.
The only reason the Mavs are shooting down these reports is that they still would like to retain Haywood. They won't go public on their consideration of a S-n-T unless and until it becomes obvious that Haywood is leaving. Whether you like the trade scenario or not, I'm just glad to hear that we might get something in return if we can't hold on to Haywood.

While my first choice would be to keep the big fella, I don't think this S-n-T scenario is a bad fallback position at all, so long as it doesn't cost any more than Haywood and JJB. Sure, the Mavs would be inheriting a couple of big question marks (O'Neal's health and Beasley's head), but so long as you can get O-Neal signed to a reasonable contract, the Mavs would not be making a huge time or money commitment to either of these guys. And if Beasley could get his head screwed on right (a big if, I know), the upside is huge. Maybe Cubes could designate Ro Blackman as Beasley's full-time babysitter (they're both K-State Wildcats).
NewMexiMav is offline   Reply With Quote