View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 08:56 AM   #805
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
Just wanted to say that I'm so happy that we've been able to root for someone like Dirk all these years. I'd honestly turn down a straight swap for LeBron at this point. Give me that class and a genuine good person who is also a superstar ANYDAY over that cowardly douche bag.
This.

In fact, all too often we fans tend to be sluts for success and love anyone who brings it, regardless of what that player represents off the court as a human being in the 21st century. Just like Lebron. The people in Cleveland literally worshipped him due to his special talents, now the people in Miami do it. Over the last couple of days, I more than once thought that I'd rather be an honorable loser (dare I say second winner?) than a jackass of a winner. I don't need success at all costs, which admittedly might not be a fashionable point of view.

To me, guys like Dirk, Durant or Duncan should be the real stars.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote