View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 02:43 PM   #79
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

A couple factors that were out of our control converged this summer to really devalue the Damp contract.

First the cap came way over Stern’s doom and gloom prediction from last summer. Can’t remember off the top of my head but I’m thinking some estimates were as low as $52M. If that were the case there would be a lot more teams looking to shed salary by dumping good players. The higher cap and luxury tax numbers really hurt us.

Then all these teams saving up for the summer of Lebron created huge cap exceptions and suddenly we’re not the only team offering instant cap relief.

Really just more bad luck for the Mavs. I don’t hate the move. Chandler has apparently been working hard and is looking to have a bounce back contract year and Ajinca is young and athletic. Plus we managed to rid ourselves of the last remnant of the Diop MLE debacle. Just have to continue to hope that we can flip our remaining assets for a difference maker.