View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 05:07 PM   #197
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
You don't think that's a solid lineup. Its better than the one last year and that one was the 2nd seed in the West, regardless of what they did in the postseason.

Harrington provides more scoring off the bench, coupled an improved Roddy who can create and score, and JET can still knock down the open shot from time to time.

I fully expect Butler to have a bounce back year, after losing a little weight and having the summer and training camp to incorporate to the team.

Haywood/Chandler plus two young guys who can be energy guys is a much better combo than Damp/Gooden that we were rolling out at the start of last year.

I'm definitely a glass half full guy, but I don't think this is just optimism. This team is better than they were, and have the strong hope of reinforcements at the trade deadline.
Not so much - because the one person that could probably help us the most from last year to this year is still getting very little playing time in this logjam (Roddy).

Basically, you are looking at the exact same team except you have added Tyson Chandler in place of Dampier and you have added Al Harrington. Those look like positive moves, and normally would be, but one guy looks to just be trade fodder (though athletic trade fodder that will help us for the first half) and the other is a backup. Or Marion is the backup and you start Al and Caron. Or Marion and Caron is the backup and you start Roddy and Al. Or.................

This team has no structure right now. Just a lot of bodies. Our current Mavs team is the equivalent of trying to turn 2 Bs into an A.