View Single Post
Old 01-02-2003, 12:56 AM   #9
TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 will become famous soon enoughTwoDeep3 will become famous soon enough

What continually mystifies me Murphy is your penchant for this statement of needs not addressed in the off-season.

There is one Shaq. They didn't make any more of them.

So while we would all enjoy having someone to "fix" the defense, what player would have been available that the Mavs could have afforded.

I'm sure you could list a great number and outside of speculation there isn't any way of telling if they would have cured the ills or not.

I am so tired or fans that want this magical fix without the realization what you want may be completely impossible.

And your comments about wanting Nellie gone and the regular season wins is absurd. The foundation for post-season success is built on regular season success.

The grass is always greener for the fan. Raef was The Answer, if you read many posts here last season. People were actually begging Cuban to trade for Raef.

Now there are threads ready to trade him.

There are fans who are quite intellegent and have a good deal of basketball knowledge. But in most cases fans are impatient and normally see the glass as half empty.

And what makes this the most ludicrous horse manure posted on any board I have personally witnessed this month is the comment about not respecting Nellie's coaching posted by Bayless.

Have you people forgotten the 90's already.

I posted here the year before last as the Mavs were making a glorious comeback on the Jazz in a play-off series that the golden era was over. The take-me-by-surprize era when the Mavs were fun and exciting and we were thrilled to be winning again era. A time when our expectations didn't exceed our ability.

That time has so past.

It's proven almost everyday by posts that have spoiled fan written all over them.

We can't appreciate the ride, because we are so hell bent on the destination.

I have been a Cowboy fan since the first day they were in Dallas. One thing I have learned is this. The Super Bowl victories are wonderful, but they leave a very hollow feeling because the second they win it all, they have to start over again. It's a two-edged sword.

So I take each game as they come and enjoy the moment without this hand-wringing about what the end of the season will bring. Because what you will find is the end of the season is what it takes to name the new World Champ. And the moment you realize the Mavs are the World Champ, the season and the experiences are over.