View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 01:17 PM   #2011
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
I think this is the biggest problem with fans in general. They think adding an All-star player will win a championship, and it is that simple.
I obviously realize it will take more than just adding an All-Star caliber player to win. I don't know maybe I'm wrong for being tired of seeing Dirk being overplayed, and being double and triple teamed. When teams sell out to defend Dirk more times than not our role players can't step up. And why is that? Because they're role players. There is only so much they can do. Some nights they will come through, other nights we'll have nothing to write home about. We need a consistent Robin to be Dirk's Batman. To me Dirk is a #1 option, but Butler is a #3 Option.

I don't think it's wise to expect a 2nd year player in Roddy to suddenly become Dirk's robin. The team must improve simple as that. I know folks will disagree and that's fine but it'll be the same thing all over again if we can't get some better players on board. It'll be Dirk trying once again to carry this team on his back, and not being able to get enough help. The refs will undoubtedly allow the other team to play him super physical, Kidd and Co will be bricking jumpers and non existent, and the team will lose. Is that really what you want to see? Because as this team is constructed that's where were headed.