View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 04:20 PM   #2014
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
I am not arguing the need for a Robin ---- or even a Batman if the ability to add this player arises.

I just don't think that an All-star caliber player is enough. It is going to take the "right" all-star with the team concept regarding needs.

Example - Adding another PF when you aren't weak at PF won't help - even if it is a all-star PF.

This team is really just a slasher/inside guy short of being very good, IMO.
Maybe Roddy is that guy, or maybe Butler comes on. Maybe it will take someone else.

Either way Dallas needs to have a player that will consistently make high percentage shots every time Dirk is doubled/tripled.
I think we're saying pretty much the same thing, just slightly different. I agree with what you're saying about the right kind of all-star caliber player. I'm sure that you can agree with me that we need to get Dirk some help. Thing is where do we go from here? I personally feel we should make a move before training camp. If we wait to the deadline, then most likely it'll take yet another season for the new additions to get used to the team. We really don't have much time to waste anymore.