View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 02:51 PM   #2039
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Dirk Nowitzki To Skip World Games, Will Be Fresh And Focused For Mavs

link

Dirk Nowitzki has decided to not participate with Team Germany in the 2010 FIBA World Championship, a tough break for his native country’s chances in international play but a boon for the Mavs – who will benefit from his focus and his freshness.

"I have signed a new contract with the Dallas Mavericks,’’ Dirk said in making the announcement. “We have a new team with new conditions and I want to set my focus on the next NBA season this summer."

We can take that “new conditions’’ mention to mean that the Mavericks probably urged Dirk to lean this way, maybe even as part of his just-signed four-year, $80-million contract … but Nowitzki himself has said that in summers when he takes off from basketball, he is much more ready to play the grueling NBA season.

At 32, that would seem to apply to this season as much as ever.

Dirk did say he would participate next year as Germany attempts to gain a berth in the 2012 Olympics..

"I take Dirk's decisions with mixed feelings," German coach Dirk Bauermann said. "I completely respect Dirk's decision.’’

The decision comes with respect from Germany … and with celebration in Dallas.

very good Dirk we need you in Dallas.NBA Championship is the most important.
USA will be easier road to world championship

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote