View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 02:22 PM   #151
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
A PG that can penetrate and create offense. Also keep up with quick guards.

A low post presence for some easy attempts. When was the last time a team won it all and didn't have that? It doesn't happen very often.

A SG who can shoot, play defense, and penetrate.

...are a few
Seriously, how many teams have all of these things? And I honestly don't get why everyone clamors so much

The Lakers didn't have a PG that could penetrate, create offense, and keep up with quick guards.

I'm not sure I'd say the Celtics had a low post player that could create for some easy attempts.

I'm not sure who on the Bulls was that low post player that could create for some easy attempts, especially during those last three championships.

The problem is here that everyone gets stuck on their formulas for a championship, and thinks you need some stereotypical player in this role or that role. The fact of the matter is that it basically all comes down to talent. If the Mavericks were to somehow land a guy on the level of Chris Paul, they'd finally have that. The Mavericks failings all of these years weren't due to not having guys in the right roles. We simply have never had the talent to pull it (although we got darn close anyways).

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote