View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 09:30 AM   #199
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
Awesome. We have plenty of cap flexibility. Get it done, bosses!

Butler/JJB/DeShawn/Roddy/2 firsts for CP3.
Chandler for Emeka.

Then the TE we earned for Sessions.

Use those trade assets! Still have MLE and a few other TEs to fill out the roster with..

CP3/Sessions
Kidd/JET/Dojo
Marion/Posey
Dirk/FA
Wood/Emeka

EDIT: I still think there's a snowball's chance in hell the Hornets trade Paul.
so the mavs conversation had migrated here. I think the question NO has to ask themselves is whether they will get more for him NOW than later? After the big blow-up of free agents, if they wait until CP is actually a free-agent then they may get nothing...or they will get SNTrade stuff which has not seemed to be as lucrative as what is being offered now.

If they wait until he is a free-agent then I wouls expect the knicks to have colluded with melo/cp3 to bring them all there to play with stoudamire. Of course any team that takes on CP3 has to be REAL worried about that. Orlando could probably keep him, but I'm not sure. Following in that miami model is bound to be pretty enticing to amare/melo/cp.

Also the savings will begin now and not two years later. To have continued to spend a lot and get nothing for it for two years might make them think hard since they are strapped for cash.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote