View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 10:46 PM   #2348
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

People keep saying that Saito died in the first level....I guess I need to see it again because I don't know how that can be true. He died toward the end of the third level, I thought, after he threw the grenade down the access vent. This happened early enough (considering the exponential difference in the perception of passed time from the third level to limbo) that I could totally buy the age difference between Saito and Cobb. They just never explained how Cobb would go about crossing paths with Saito in limbo...I don't get that. LImbo isn't this universally available thing..But maybe they were hooked up together on enough machines (or...dreamed machines?) on enough levels to achieve that?

I don't know. I'm just kind of rolling with it.

My wife and I both agreed that we perceived the ending to be "real life." Even though the age of the children was bothersome...they never really said how much time had supposedly passed since crazy-bitch wife had died, did they? Either way, I think they summed it up best in the film...the positive emotion...my wanting to believe it was a happy ending...the "catharsis" is more powerful than the skepticism....thus I think he got the happy ending he wanted, and that it was in the "real world."

Last edited by Flacolaco; 07-26-2010 at 10:47 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote