View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 03:21 AM   #3
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr View Post
You watch a lot of Trailblazers games? You definitely have a different take on him than I do I've seen Fernandez play about 20 times over the past couple of years. His reputation was as a spot-up shooter coming in, and he's been about what was expected as a shooter. But he has also been surprisingly productive in open-court situations. He and Sergio Rodriguez also had a decent connection on lobs. He's not great at creating off the dribble, but that's not what you'd be bringing him in for. No, he's not a physical player, and no, he's not a defender. But given the current roster, the Mavericks are not going to be a lock-down defensive team on anyone (cf Kidd at the point and Dirk at PF).
I live in Portland. I've watched about 140 blazer games over the past two years. Rudy is garbage.

The funny thing is, I don't even need stats to back up why I don't like him. He's strictly a spot up shooter (unless his spanish bud sergio was giving him lob passes two years ago, and then I'd rather roddy get those anyway). Dribble? No way. Shot off the dribble? No freaking way. He's a prima dona, without a reason to be. He pouts. He uses way too much hair gel. Etc. Oh, and I can't tell you how many times Nate had to get in his ass for being a complete moron on defensive rotations.

For the sake of argument though, lets say he WAS a great spot up shooter. Lets say that fit our needs. In 23 min per game past year he scored 8 points on 37PERCENT SHOOTING.

I'm not saying Terry is the answer to our SG problems. I'm just saying that Rudy Freakin' Fernandez definitely is NOT.

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 07-28-2010 at 03:26 AM.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote