View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 11:44 AM   #18
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

The way I see it we probably can't make any big deals anymore. I think we ought to aim at making our SG spot more solid. There are only a few options at this point, some that come to my mind are - Rudy Fernandez, Tracy Mcgrady, and Delonte West. I have only seen highlights of Fernandez, so I can't really give a fair description of him. But I'd like to have him here, since he's young, he's 6'6, and his contract is cheap. T-Mac is finished imho, he would be an absolute last resort.

But it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up here. We have a near tradition of bringing these players who were good five years ago to our team and hoping they can recapture some of their old magic. And Delonte West is an option too. Delonte West is literally a MotherF*cker but I probably wouldn't mind him here. Just hope everyone keeps an eye on their mothers if we signed him. He's 6'4, a pretty good shooter, and he has some athletic ability. He can also handle the ball and he'd help our spacing.

We already know what we're going to get from Jet, so I think we ought to take a gamble on West. And West would also be able to play backup PG, which is better than watching JJ Barea pound the rock on offense and then get abused on defense.

So we'd have a lineup of
Kidd/Roddy/West
West/Roddy/Jet
Butler/Marion
Dirk/Marion
Haywood/Chandler
The two things I like about a signing of West, is that he allows Butler to be able to play at his natural spot at the 3. And he'd reduce the usage of Barea/Jet.