View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 01:57 PM   #6
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr View Post

Just writing him off as 'garbage' sounds like you might have a different issue with him.
I'm pretty sure I laid out all my issues with him.

Injured or not, a player cannot shoot 37% for a SEASON. He still played 62 games.

Quote:
I'm looking at what he does well (outside shooting) which happens to coincide nicely with what the Mavericks need. His contract, his availability and his potential to improve (v. Terry's lack of upside) make him attractive.
If you're looking at this strictly from a financial move, it's great. Dumping Terry's 20million for a few mill that probably won't even stay.. yes that's an awesome move. Trying to make it seem like a good "on the court" decision, especially in a WIN NOW mentality, doesn't make any sense.

Quote:
And the reason he wants out of Portland is that he's playing BEHIND Roy, and doesnt'feel like McMillian's system is givng him an opportunity to develop--maybe even that there's some kind of personal negative situation with McMillian. That will mess up a guy's numbers, not to mention his attitude.
First of all, he's not NEARLY good enough to have any sort of issues with anything like minutes or rotation. He's got a huge attitude and I've watched him quit on games countless times because he didn't get a shot in a certain scenario or whatever. Also, I don't see him getting more than the 23 min per game here so how do we help that attitude at all (even if we WANTED to try to cater to some mediocre cry baby like that)

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 07-28-2010 at 02:11 PM.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote