View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 02:01 PM   #13
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
This doesn't include age at all. Terry is inevitably going to decline, and though it can be debated, Rudy is certainly should be getting better this offseason. Why can't he be more like his rookie season? You said you watched him a lot; if you knew we were getting the 08-09 Fernandez would you do the deal?

The other reason I like this is because of the minutes. If Terry's on the team, as a vet and all, I'm afraid the coaches will feel the pressure to play (Terry) his 30-33 minutes a game. Rudy just needs 20. That's 10-13 more minutes spread between Roddy and Butler and Dojo. That's a good thing.
Seeing how Rudy got super angry going from 30 minutes to 23 minutes, I don't get why everyone thinks he'll be down to play even less for the mavs.

Anyway, he got worse after his first season, but even then he wasn't that great. I honestly don't understand the love Rudy is getting. Besides, isn't he on the last year of his contract? Who says we even keep him if this is a "future" thing. All reports I've heard is that he ultimately wants to go back to spain.

He's not a short term fix because his numbers suck (37%. over 62 games. come on. +his prima dona ways, pouting and horrible, horrible defense)... and I'm pretty sure he won't stay once his contract is done... and even if he wanted to stay, I'd say that Roddy and Dojo are much better long term fixes.

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 07-28-2010 at 02:08 PM.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote