View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 05:18 PM   #25
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr View Post
Celtics, Bulls and Knicks are all apparently interested in Fernández.

Herein is a take on Fernández's game by Oregonian beat writer Jason Quick, who has covered the Blazers for 10 years.

Verdict: Definitely not 'garbage'.

Interesingly, no mention of hair gel or prima donna attitude--just that he's'unhappy'. Offset that by 'unselfish' and high basketball IQ and comparisons to Reggie Miller and Rip Hamilton.

Fernandez on the Mavericks is probably moot, because he doesn't seem to be interested in playing Dallas, and because the Mavericks don't seem to have the same level of interest as the Celtics, Bulls or Knicks.

Also, a Terry for Fernández swap probably isn't viable because of how overpaid Terry is and how reasonably paid Fernández is.

But in terms of matching player skills to team needs, and availability to value, he'd be a good acquisition for Dallas.
Obviously my "garbage" statement was a little hyperbolic. There's no one in the NBA that would be "garbage" or else they wouldn't be in the NBA.

I'm saying that he's not better than Terry RIGHT NOW and I don't want his attitude. You can't be a 37% shooter scoring 17 points-per-48-minutes and have a "demand a trade" attitude. If he wants to get more minutes, shoot better than freakin' 37% from the field.

Plus.. say you want to put up with that. Say you have faith that last year was a fluke because of injuries (which still is mind boggling to me, he played 75% of the season)... He's not going to get more than 23 minutes here. How do you think this is a good fit for him? And why would you believe that he'll be happy here with less than 23 minutes if he wasn't happy in portland with less than 23 minutes?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote