View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 11:02 AM   #131
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
You know they are doing a "Y the Last Man" film adaption? I haven't read it, but what do you think about that?
I read that, but it looks like it has been put on the backburner. Which is a good thing to me, because they planned on casting shia labeouf as the lead. ugh.

the story lends itself VERY well to a movie adaptation. I'm only halfway through the collected editions, so don't know the conclusion (don't spoil it for me!!!!!!!!!!). But it really is a movie-type plot. It is based in reality (unlike the watchmen book conclusion, which would have been impossible to pull off in a movie). And they could remove a lot of stuff from the books and keep the central storyline.

Fables, on the other hand, is way too big of a story to tell in a movie. It has been rumored to be a TV series for quite some time as well.

But if you like comics, or "graphic novels", i highly recommend them both.