View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 08:30 PM   #2563
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
How could he not be happy? He's getting paid an ass-load of money, the least he can do is PRETEND like his team has a shot at winning it all...

This is a guy whose production can make or break the Mavs this season, and he's already crowning the Heat before the first game of the season is even played? If he doesn't believe the Mavs have a chance, then why should anyone else?

Might as well just kick Dirk in the nuts, take his money and leave...

EDIT: then there's this:

I'm catching a whiff of Benedict Arnold here, but maybe he's just star-f*cking?
I think it's just "star-f*cking" as you said haha. He clearly talked about Dallas in a positive manner earlier and later in that article. He's just been in situations where he felt like he was close or on the verge of being right in the title race...he just wants to get over that hump.

Plus, all he really said is 73 games is possible, he didn't say the trophy was landing in South Beach. For me, I actually think the record isn't out of the realm of possibilities. Think about it, Miami was ALREADY a playoff team when it was just Wade. LeBron with "junk" won 60 games back to back years. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but I can see it.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 08-18-2010 at 08:32 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote