View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 10:57 PM   #2599
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
Yeah, I don't care that Butler said it. Its not like he needs to be all "the sky is deep, deep, royal blue with clouds not projected to be in the forecast for the next two weeks all is well with the Mavericks". He owes no allegiance to this team. Its Butler's 4th team in the NBA and he's been with it half a year, has been speculated to be in a dozen different trade scenarios, is viewed by some Dallas sports writers as more of a trade chip than a player, and will be leaving next offseason anyway. He doesn't need to go out a diss the team, but if he doesn't have on Maverick-tinted sun glasses, so what? Simply a Maverick tinted bifocal will do the trick. Don't say, "Well, I think we're not very good, too old, and win 32 games this year", but if you don't believe that this team will win a championship, just shy away from that topic or answer vaguely when it comes up. Hundreds of players do that.
But this is Texas, specifically Dallas - I expect a bigger pair of cojones on my players...

(although that mincy attitude would fit nicely with all the thong-wearing fellas in Miami Beach!)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 08-20-2010 at 11:01 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote