View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 02:22 PM   #2482
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Is this the debate? Because I agree with you. I don't think you "dream" your way there.
Right, we agree that death takes you to limbo. but what makes it debatable in terms of the movie is that Cobb and Ariadne don't die or hook themselves up to Fischer (i am 99.99999999% positive on this), so they are actually entering Cobb's dream.

So here is some evidence that could point to Limbo:
- Wash up on shore
- Cobb says Saito will be there soon (but is he only saying that because he knows he himself will die from the stab wound? Yes, I know he eventually dies from the drowning)
- Ariadne and Fischer actually die to move back up to Snow Dream
- Cobb does not wake up in Snow Dream with the explosives kick (he has to die in limbo to come back up)

Here is some evidence that could point to not Limbo:
- Fischer actually wakes up from the Defibrillator kick
- Ariadne actually wakes up from the explosives kick (both of their falls are of no consequence as they happen as the upper kicks occur)
- Cobb and Ariadne do not hook themselves to Fischer, but to Cobb (this is the big one. Again, i don't remember them being hooked up to Fischer at any time. (If they do (or say that they have) hook themselves up to Fischer, i am 100% in the Limbo boat. Unless, like i jokingly said in a post before, why is a machine even needed to go into another dream? The machine is just a dream at that point).

did i miss anything?

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 08-21-2010 at 02:54 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote