View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 11:56 PM   #2498
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
Right, we agree that death takes you to limbo. but what makes it debatable in terms of the movie is that Cobb and Ariadne don't die or hook themselves up to Fischer (i am 99.99999999% positive on this), so they are actually entering Cobb's dream.

So here is some evidence that could point to Limbo:
- Wash up on shore
- Cobb says Saito will be there soon (but is he only saying that because he knows he himself will die from the stab wound? Yes, I know he eventually dies from the drowning)
- Ariadne and Fischer actually die to move back up to Snow Dream
- Cobb does not wake up in Snow Dream with the explosives kick (he has to die in limbo to come back up)

Here is some evidence that could point to not Limbo:
- Fischer actually wakes up from the Defibrillator kick
- Ariadne actually wakes up from the explosives kick (both of their falls are of no consequence as they happen as the upper kicks occur)
- Cobb and Ariadne do not hook themselves to Fischer, but to Cobb (this is the big one. Again, i don't remember them being hooked up to Fischer at any time. (If they do (or say that they have) hook themselves up to Fischer, i am 100% in the Limbo boat. Unless, like i jokingly said in a post before, why is a machine even needed to go into another dream? The machine is just a dream at that point).

did i miss anything?
Ok, so I saw it again tonight, and they definitely don't show them on screen hooking up to Fischer, but I've got to assume that's what they did. It's the only thing that really makes sense--they had to go there to "retrieve" his subconscious so that Eames could wake him up with the Defib (Leo has a line to the effect of, "You can't just wake him up with the defib--his mind's already there). The only way this makes any sense whatsoever is if they hooked up to him, since neither of them had "died" at that point and therefore gotten to Limbo that way.

And the other thing is that they're all hooked up to each other in real life, which technically is the only thing that matters. It'd be a violation of the standard procedure we see throughout the movie, but really they can enter limbo any way they want, since none of it is real anyway.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote